Financial Accountant (Dec 2018 / Jan 2019)
Date: December 2018 / January 2019
Location: Bloom House, Gloucester Square, Dublin 1
The Role: Financial Accountant (reporting to the Financial Controller)
Job Function Keywords: Accountancy & Finance
Employment Type: Full Time & Permanent
Company Industry: Financial Services – Asset & Commercial Real Estate Finance
Company Description: First Citizen Finance (“First Citizen”) is a leading provider of Retail Financial Services in Ireland, based in Dublin with nationwide coverage. First Citizen specialises in full life cycle loan origination and servicing to some of Ireland’s and Europe’s largest financial institutions.
Job Description: This is an opportunity for an ambitious financial accountant to join a growing organisation in the financial services sector. This role reports to the Financial Controller and provides an opportunity for the successful applicant to take ownership of key tasks within Finance. This role will provide access and exposure to all departments and levels of the organisation. The ideal candidate must have an ability to step into and take ownership of assigned tasks and have a keen eye for process improvement. A team player with strong business acumen with the ability to work on multiple tasks and effectively communicate with management in respect of their responsibilities. For this role knowledge of financial statement preparation is essential.
Responsibilities: These include –
• Accounting for the Motor, Agri and Commercial Real Estate Divisions
• Debtors Management – calculation of Client service fees and issuing invoices
• Intercompany Reconciliations
• Cash flow Forecasting
• SPV Servicer Report Reviews
• Systems Accounting in respect of HP and Lease Databases – learn, document and automate processes
• Management information - variance analysis for KPIs
• Financial statement preparation
Job Skills & Requirements: The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and knowledge –
• Be a fully Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
• Have Financial Services Experience
• Having an understanding of securitisations and SPVs would be an advantage
• Excellent time management and planning skills
• Be able to work under pressure to strict deadlines in a changing environment
• Proficient skills in Microsoft Excel with an eye for challenging existing processes
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and the capacity to work on his / her initiative
A highly competitive remuneration and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate.
To download a printable version of this job posting, please click HERE.
Closing Date for Applications: Friday, 18th January 2019
How To Apply
Candidates should apply by forwarding a CV stating the title of the role applied for, to arrive by 1pm on Friday, 18th January 2019. We'll contact successful applicants directly to arrange interviews.
By Post: To Michael Conlon, HR Consultant, First Citizen Finance, Gloucester Square, Dublin 1; or
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; or
Apply via Linkedin: Click HERE
Area Sales & Portfolio Manager (Jan 2018) - CLOSED
Location in Ireland: Greater Dublin Area
The Role: Area Sales & Portfolio Manager within the National Sales Team
Job Function Keywords: Sales & Business Development – Motor Finance and other Asset classes
Employment Type: Full Time & Permanent
Company Industry: Financial Services – Motor & Asset Finance
Company Description: First Citizen Finance (“First Citizen”) was established in 2012 by the Management team of their former business which had become one of Ireland’s leading providers of corporate and retail financial services. First Citizen has successfully continued with the provision of a wide range of products and services, particularly Asset finance lending across a diverse range of Asset classes.
Job Description: First Citizen’s Motor Finance division has seen considerable growth since its entry into the Car Finance market in February 2014. We are now seeking an Area Sales & Portfolio Manager who will play a key role in the continued development and maintenance of new and existing relationships with Motor Dealers, Intermediaries, and New Business Introducers. The successful candidate will be experienced, well-resourced and have an ability to work on their own initiative and be a customer-centric individual. Candidates must be self-motivated and have an ability to work as part of a team. This is an opportunity to work as part of a progressive, highly motivated team and assist in the future and ongoing growth of the Motor Portfolio. The successful candidate will also be required to exploit opportunities in our Agri and Equipment Finance divisions.
Job Skills & Requirements: The successful candidate will have the following key skills and attributes –
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in the Motor / Asset Finance sector, to include significant knowledge of the Motor Industry
- Assist Motor Dealers / Intermediaries to effectively and professionally handle the sales process of Asset finance products while adhering to the regulatory landscape governing the sector
- Strong interpersonal skills; confident and persuasive; flexibility and adaptability
- Sound planning and organisational skills; attention to detail; objection handling and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (verbal, written and numerical skills)
- Ability to achieve Sales and Financial Volume targets at acceptable Margin and Risk levels whilst working to tight guidelines. Candidates must be commercially aware.
- Effective territory management on daily / weekly / monthly basis
- Strong analytical skills with a good understanding of the Credit and Risk framework
- Applicants should be qualified to degree and / or professional qualification level, i.e. Minimum APA (Accredited Product Advisor) / ‘Grandfathering’ designation
- The successful candidate will hold a full, clean driving licence. This is essential.
A highly competitive remuneration and benefits package (including company car) will be offered to the successful candidate. To download a printable version of this job posting, please click HERE.
Closing Date for Applications: Friday, 16th February 2018
How To Apply
Candidates should apply by forwarding a CV stating the title of the role applied for, to arrive by 1pm on Friday, 16th February 2018. We'll contact successful applicants directly to arrange interviews.